Looking for a fresh start in 2022 in an industry that’s booming? The choice is YOURS!
The demand for skilled and talented gardeners has reached an all-time high and just like us, everyone wants to hire you. Right now, you have a unique opportunity to select where and who you want to work for – but let us tell you why Ian Barker Gardens could be the perfect fit.
What’s in it for you:
As a Garden Maintenance Supervisor, we know that you know what this job entails, so we can chat about the nitty gritties of the position when we meet you. But instead, let’s talk about what we can offer you:
- Attractive salary package – $60,000 – $65,000 including a company vehicle and fuel!
- Genuine career development opportunities – at Ian Barker Gardens, we understand that it’s not all about the money. We have a proven track record of helping past employees fulfil their future dreams and openly encourage career development, wherever that may take you.
- Networking and personal development opportunities – we want to hear your career goals and interests, so we can help achieve this through our industry connections and further learning opportunities. We want to see you thrive, so if there’s a particular area of work you want to learn more in – we’re all ears!
- Work with a talented and supportive team – our team consists of skilled and passionate individuals who love gardens and horticulture. We are also proud to say that Rachel, one of our apprentice gardeners, just took out Landscape Victoria’s Apprentice of the Year for 2021!
- A strong pipeline of work in some of Melbourne’s most beautiful gardens – you’ll work with an established, consistent list of clients and gardens in the surrounding suburbs of Canterbury. This means you’ll get to see your hard work pay off, and you will be proud to say, “I created that”.
All we need from you is:
- A Certificate III in Horticulture or Certificate III in Parks & Gardens or higher.
- A minimum of three years of garden maintenance experience (with a focus on residential gardens)
- Strong knowledge of plants, pests, diseases and pruning techniques
- Basic irrigation repair knowledge
- Valid driver’s license (manual preferred)
- NB: We will consider a 482 visa for the right applicant
How to apply
If you want to work for a company that values its staff and career development, this is the place for you. We’re looking to hire now and are ready to welcome you to our team. Please click here to learn more or to apply.