Our landscape division is looking for a 1st Year Landscape Construction Apprentice to join their team.
Ian Barker Gardens is a landscape design, construction and maintenance company based in Canterbury, with most of our projects located within the surrounding suburbs.
We pride ourselves on having an open, friendly and passionate team dedicated to creating and maintaining high-end residential outdoor spaces.
We are seeking a 1st Year Landscape Apprentice to join our team. Your primary task will be to develop and learn the skills of a qualified landscaper through the completion of an apprenticeship. If you are interested in having a genuine career in landscape construction, this opportunity is not to be missed.
Core Duties Include:
- Learning and developing all landscaping skills (hard and soft) – including paving, irrigation, concreting, retaining walls, planting and garden lighting
- Constructing high-end residential spaces as part of the landscaping team
- Completing a Certificate III in Landscape Construction
What We Offer
This is a unique opportunity for a reliable and motivated individual who is interested in a long-term career in residential landscape construction.
- Work environment – Dynamic work environment with a friendly and professional team. You can view our team here.
- Career development – Potential for future growth in a well-established company with a strong reputation and pipeline of future work
- Variety – Learn a variety of skills with the potential to also work across departments with our maintenance division
- Flexibility – We understand the importance of work life balance. Work only Monday – Friday 7.00am-3.30pm, with weekend overtime optional
- On-site Training – All training is provided on site with our landscape supervisors and registered training provider (no TAFE days)
Skills & Experience
- Previous experience in working with power tools or working outdoors (preferred but not essential)
- A friendly and enthusiastic manner and willingness to learn
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Good attention to detail and communication skills
- Current driver licence and vehicle – apprentices are expected to be able to make their own way to site in the mornings
How To Apply
If you are looking for a new challenge and a career within a great team, please apply for the role of 1st Year Landscape Construction Apprentice by submitting your resume and cover letter to Georgia at email@example.com